Friday, December 10, 2010

Four legged love

 Pets where would we be with out them? People of all types have them, and most of us agree that our lives have would be so different if it were not for them. Pet's of all types breeds and sizes fill our homes with love and laughter.

So it had me thinking of my four legged love. Yes I have three pets. It is no secret that I have a favorite. He is a four year old West Highland White Terrier, his name is Brody Lee. As soon as I saw his face at a local pet shop I knew had to have him. I stood by the glass and held that sweet sweet baby for a hour. We put a hold on him and went home to think about becoming his mommy and daddy. I however didn't need to think about it. I had to research and talk my then boy friend into him! I begged and pleaded. I even yes shed a few tears for him. I couldn't help it I was in love and I had it bad. I needed a baby to take care of and show my love to. He had my heart and I didn't care who knew it!
                                                   Here is a picture of him from 6-8 weeks old

                                       this is Brody and his sister Lucy who use to be bigger than him.

When my husband broke down and surprised me with him. He purchased Brody for me... yes me he was reluctant to get him. For fear of up setting our other pets. It was a rough start. But we all made it threw. Now with three four babies in hand, a month latter my lovely husband asked me to marry him. Once we started plaining our nuptials I wanted to have Brody be my ring barer. But no one went for it! Sadly I said it would be ok if he wasn't in my wedding.  Latter that year after I went off my birth control pills and we were not getting pregnant I sunk even deeper into my love for Brody. He was and still is my baby! I showered him with toys treats and love. Threw out our journey from TTC to adoption to now or first and soon second IVF. I have leaned on not only my husband but Brody threw it all. I daily tell him I love him and don't know what I would do with out him.

 Once we started our adoption journey I worried Brody would be a jelious baby! We told him little to nothing about the coming baby, just in case our birth mommy changed her mind! Thankfully she chose to place making Brody  a "big brother"Brody has taken on that roll with such honer. As soon as we brought her home, he has been her keeper and best friend. When she was a newborn he would run into the bed room when she was crying or upset. Glaring at me as if to say Mom mom what are you doing? Help her help her! When my princess was around five months old she realized how funny she finds Brody. Now they have a bound that cant be broken.

After the past four years I can honestly tell you life with Brody is unimaginable for all of us. He is a bed dog. He sleeps with me, gets up with me, does my daily stay at home mom/house wife duties and even  waits while I shower! Long story short I love my dog and Thank God for giving him to me threw the good the bad and infertility!  I love you Brody Lee





                                                      my angels almost three years and two weeks (also at six months and 15 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment