Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Exciting News

 I have some exciting news and  I cant wait to share!

My/Our Agency asked me for some help, so of course I said for sure anything!! There is a new law in Indiana when it comes to information that can be given to birth mothers. (Where I am from) Now adoption agency's can list opinion of the agency and more information on  the adoption proses and how Birth mothers experiences were when they placed! I was asked to give my story and experience with my agency. My photos may be used. My agency felt as if it was silly not to use me because  I know both sides of the adoption triad. I want to be clear my job IS NOT to persuade possible birth mothers into placing but to just tell my story!! ( I am not a adoption professional in any way shape or form just a Birth mother turned Adoptive parent! who loves adoption and wants to be involved in it to help Birth mothers) I of course told my agency as long as my son, daughter and daughters birth mother are not effected I will be happy to do it!

While on the phone about my new opportunity I finally did it... I asked for an update on my son! The lovely lady in charge of such things said she will call them ask for a update to be sent. I also asked if I could send him letters and pictures. I don't know if and when she will send me pictures if at all. But she Cody's mom knows I want the pictures. The last time I revived pictures was at 5 years old. At that time we were suppose to discuss If I still wanted pictures. I thought I made it clear I did... nothing ever happened past the 5 year update.  The thing is if I do get pictures I don't know if I'm ever going to want them to stop coming. But if and when that happens we will have to again discus this. I still have many questions about my son and my situation. But I hope that more pictures can help my heart heal. The past three years has not helped my heart heal but made it worse on me. Cody's Birthday is next Friday!! Matt Lillian and I are going for Sushi and  Japanese grill to celebrate!:) Its my little tradition for two years or so. I always would take the day off and wahlo in my tears.. and the "date night" helps a bit.. and hello its SUSHI HERE! Once I get the call if the pics will happen from the agency I will be sure to BLOG my heart out! :) till then
                                                       Cody Lee at 5 years old :) Im a proud momma!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Aw :) We went to a birthmothers panel before we adopted. There were 4 women with very different stories and experiences. It was so emotional. I was crying through a lot of it. I will never ever forget it. It's one of the best things a birthmom could do for future adoptive parents. The main thing I learned was how hard it is and how much birthmoms care about the children they places.

    ReplyDelete