Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our journey the led us to Adoption

This is our story of how we met and married and adopted our angel!

In the spring of 2006 I went to hang out one night with my Girl friend Kayte and her old neighbor Evan. Evan's parents were out of town, Evan always had parties when his parents were gone. ( we were about the drinking age but he loves parties at his parents house haha) Well on this very night we were going to drink & play drinking games. I showed up in my normal cute attire. I can tell you exactly what I was wearing! When I walked into Evan's kitchen I placed my purse and light coat on the chair and looked up. I swear I saw wedding bells... I saw Matthew Kyle P sitting in a chair sitting across from me...  He had a ITALIA shirt on double droool! I sit down and seriously could not for the life of me keep my eyes off of him! I was in a daze. I didn't talk much at first.. But then he argued with me about some thing...? I thought ok bring it on dude!;) We continued to play the drinking games and Matthew's shirt and jacket came up!;) I in my most sarcastic voice said what ever MATTT I like your shirts any way! "Thanks I have been there twice" "NOO WAY NO YOU HAVEN'T"!! "YES I HAVE" "My baby brother is Italian and I'm dieing to go with him one day! "Maybe we could go some day" " yeah okk" insert my huge eye roll! Alot more drinks and fun latter I pass out and wake up the next morning... To call Kayte she asked if I remembered much..? I said um no but I know Im marring that Matt kid! Yeah ok sweetie. IAM!!


 A few weeks go by and Matt and I are together and dating... I can say honestly that I fell harder and faster for him than I thought possible! On our second date to the Millano Inn I had liquid courage a martin and told Matt about Cody. He was nothing but supportive and proud of me! I knew I had a good guy at that second! I moved in with him in October...( I know right I was inn love)

By December I knew ok this is it! I may just be 22 years old but I found him and he is mine! In January as I said before we got Brody my puppy. That made it people two fur babies three!:) While we started dating I got to meet and fall in love with his mom, dad, sisters, and nieces and nephews. All of which one of his sisters did her first  round of IVF! She became pregnant with Twins a Boy and a Girl. On February 13th 2007 Lauren and Brennan were born!:) I was so so so excited! On Valentines Day we got to go to see them at the hospital. We had just had a awful  snow storm and getting  to the hospital was a bit scary. We ooogaled and awed at the precious miracle from God! We didn't get to hold them till latter they were so small and hooked up to alot of machines and wires. I could tell there was something wrong with Matt he had been acting all weird all day. I said oh Matt I just love them!  He said I know Aunt Steph.. I looked at him and said jerrrk I want to be!! With a huge smile on my face. We then went home and I made us a romantic dinner:). We ate Matt hardly touched his food?!  We then Sat down to watch The Note Book. Matt was taking FOREVER to come watch the movie... I was saying come on Matt!! He said want some of the chocolate you got me? I said yeah sure just get in here!! He FINALLY came in and said open the box.. I said ok well lets start the movie.. just open the box! Matt Got down on one knee and said Stephanie Nichole P( yes my initials didn't have to change right on man) will you marry me? I at this point in time am bawling my eyes out!!  OF COURSE!

We started planing and saving and fretting for our wedding! On September 22 2007 I married my BF Matthew Kyle. We had a pretty small wedding out side at Matt's parents home. We decided pretty much after the wedding that we should get married in the Catholic church. I was to go threw RCIA classes and become Catholic. We had a freezing beautiful Wedding in the catholic church on Valentines Day 2008.

By that time I had gone off of my Birth control pills ( December). We were like newly weds.. I never paid close attention to my cycle. I was enjoying "practicing" I was pretty regular with my period up until April of 2008. I was quite late but got my AF eventually. In May I started POS'S. Never a positive till that summer. It sadly was a false positive. At this time Summer of 08 we bought our first home together!:) We set up a room for our nursery. All a while never getting a positive again.We never thought that I had any isues since I got pregnant before. We had our first wedding Anniversary. Matthew gave me a scare and passed out the day or our dinner while giving blood.  December 2008 Matthew decided to go and give a sample to our doctor to see if we have some Infertility issues. When the tests came back they were not in our favor.

Matt was sent to a urologist. December 31st Matt had a surgery to see if our problem could be fixed. He has a Varicose seal. The surgery as the urologist told us both could help or completely harm his fertility that he had. The surgery went ok but was so very painful for Matt.It broke my heart to see him in this pain. I wanted to be pregnant. But I never wanted Matt to have another surgery again. Once he healed and had his check up, the urologist said that he may need one or two more surgeries. We would not know for a year if any of the surgeries worked(This was Martin Luther King Day). Again they could totally take away his fertility. Matt's urologist said you may have to do IVF. Matthew and I looked at each other because at that point and time we just could not go threw with it.( being Catholic) The doctor looked at me with tears in my eyes and said or you can adopt. After we explained we didn't want to do IVF. He told us to go home and think about it. I told Matt at lunch how much that it all hurts, I want a baby.. I don't care were it grows it will be in my heart! There are so many babies that need a good home. Can we think about adoption more?  I did a good thing for two people. Maybe someone will want to do this for us? He agreed we should still think about it. Maybe we need a small vacation.

We then decided to go on vacation to Philadelphia to rest and relax.The first thing we did in Philly, was to hop in a LIMO (I know right my husband is amazing to me) We then got the best Philly Cheese Stakes at Pat Kings. To this day we still crave it at least once a month. We also went to the city of brotherly love to see our favorite musical RENT!! After the musical like I said is a previous blog.. WE MET Anthony Rep.. OMG were we ever on a RENT high!:) The next Day we walked Philly again and shopped. When we got back to the hotel we took a nap. When I woke up I found a Philadelphia magazine. The cover had a huge print up of a woman and her husbands story to adopt. My heart new this was it!! We want a baby more than we want to win the lottery( we did and still do to this day) I showed the article to Matt... He stewed over it a bit. While I looked out the window. He said well do we want to try and do it? Uh yeah! We will have to call the agency I went threw when we get home! I also had my thyroid tested to see if something was up with me at my OBGYN. Everything came back normal? I let my doctor know our plans to adopt and our story that brought us to it. (She is not my favorite doctor ever)

We called and made an appointment with Kirsh and Kirsh for the Saturday after we got home. Sadly it got canceld at the last second for a birth! (dang it but yeahyeh for that baby) We rescheduled for  Valentines Day 2009! The day of our niece and nephews second birthday We were so excited! I could hardly keep it in! That day my SIL's SIL brought me a basket of baby boy toys and clothing that she didn't use for her brand new baby boy. We both got married at the same time frame. I felt like this was one of my first Infertility stab! Past Matthew's surgery of course.  Every one  was now well aware of our struggle to conceive.We latter that week called and paid for our enrollment fee and started our home study.

For now that is enough! Fewf that was long!! I will latter write about some of Lillian's adoption story and what lead us to want to do IVF at all.
Thanks for reading!:) The guy with Matt and the Jager is Evan.. the guy that set us up;) Yes I know!! haha:)<3 it..Neither Evan or Matt can looks at it much any more haha










1 comment: