Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From My Kirsh and Kirsh Interview

 I recently got my write up from my interview with Kirsh and Kirsh. I am feel so honored that I would even be asked for such a thing.

Joshua  January 28 at 8:11pm Report
You are the first person to read this... tell me to hit delete if it upsets you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have; It was my honor to write it...


Stephanie’s story

”I’m not a very selfish person, so when I found out I was pregnant, at the inappropriate time of life, I instantly thought of my child. I wanted a better life for him, so it was important to think solely about his future and not my own desires. Naturally, when I first thought about adoption I had all the concerns that anyone would think. Some of them silly, like did I have to go to a special place to wait till I delivered. To more real thoughts about what would my child think about me as he grew older.”

“Joel Kirsh came to meet my mom and I in our kitchen, which was a great comfort in itself. Joel was very upbeat, and professional. He was the most reassuring person at that time of my life. I never felt like he was looking down at me, as I felt everyone else was. He was charming, funny, and warm. At one point I was concerned my mother was going to start flirting with him, he just had a way of setting us both at ease.”

“Of all the things I recall in that first meeting, I remember Joel saying, 'Listen, you might be thinking this is what you want to do now, but if at any point you change your mind you aren’t going to get any pressure from us. We will wish you the best. You just do what is right for you and your son, and we’ll be there to help if you need us.' "

“Post placement was rough. The permanency of the adoption was very hard. But I got back into school, and i was surprised at the support i got from the most unlikely of places. The letters and photographs began to arrive, and then I could see what i had created. I hate to say I felt proud, but when I could see the happiness in all their lives, and I could see my son being loved, and adored by a new family. It made all of the rough spots worth it. Most of all, I was happy that I had created something so special.”

"Let me give you some advice..."

1. "Seek counseling, It doesn’t cost anything but time, Kirsh and Kirsh will set it up for you."

2. "Don’t be bashful with your wishes and desires, it has to be your adoption plan, it can’t be someone else's."

3. "Work with someone like Kirsh & Kirsh, because if I ever have concerns and/or problems they will be there. It’s corny, but they are an extension of my family now."


No comments:

Post a Comment